DATAYARD CONNECT EMAIL RETENTION POLICY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If you use your DONet email account you need to be aware of our email archival policy.
Effective March 18, 2002
DONet will begin enforcing an automatic deletion of old email messages stored on our network. Many of these messages have never been read, or are so old that they are probably no longer useful. DONet is implementing this policy change because we are getting close to having 1,000,000 old or unread messages on our system, which increases our disk storage requirements and decreases the performance of our systems and service.
- Messages in your “Inbox” folder will be automatically deleted after 60 days.
- Trapped spam will be automatically deleted from the “Spam” folder after 15 days.
- Trapped blocked messages will be automatically deleted from the “Blocked” folder after 10 days.
- Messages in your “Sent” folders will be automatically deleted after 30 days.
- Draft DOMail messages will be automatically deleted from the “Drafts” folder after 30 days.
- Deleted DOMail messages will be automatically deleted from the “Trash” folder after 3 days.
This change in policy has its greatest impact on customers that use our DOMail web-based interface as their only method of sending and receiving email from/to their DONet account. Customers using an email program like Outlook or Outlook Express will be unaffected, except for the automatic deletion of trapped spam and blocked messages.
If you use DOMail as your only email tool you can do one of two things to avoid having email you wish to keep automatically deleted:
1. Create a new folder in DOMail to store important messages permanently. You may wish to call that folder “Saved Messages”, or something to that effect. Move all the messages you wish to permanently keep in DOMail into that folder. Remember, there is 100 megabytes of disk space provided with your account, and every mail message you permanently store uses up some of that space.
2. Setup Outlook, Outlook Express, or another email program as your primary email tool. Move all the messages you wish to permanently keep on your computer back to your DOMail “Inbox” folder, and then download the email directly into your computer using Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.
If you have any questions regarding this policy specifically please contact the DONet by filling out our contact form, or by calling us at (937) 226-6896.
If you use your DONet email account you need to be aware of our e-mail archival policy.
PROTECTION, PRIVACY & POLICIES
We have a radical commitment to privacy. It’s not something that we consider to be a foundational value but rather a fundamental part of our character. We believe it’s wrong for peering eyes to be watching and selling your data. Therefore we have a set of protections, privacy commitments and policies in place to keep you and your data safe.